These are so addictive!!!
And once you know how to make them, you will never have an excuse to not cook sweet potatoes again. These are loaded with Beta Carotene.
The baking times are approximate; it depends on how thick you cut the wedges or rounds of sweet potatoes. Try to cut them evenly so they all cook at about the same rate. For best browning results bake only one sheet at a time.
2 pounds sweet potatoes, about 3 large ones
1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 Tbsp spice or spice combination of your choice: chipotle powder, smoked paprika, Chinese five- spice, pumpkin pie spice, garam masala or red pepper flakes.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees ( for more crispiness, preheat your oven to 500)
2. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then, if they are very long in half crosswise. Cut each piece into wedges. Alternately, you can slice the potato into disks either with a mandoline or sharp knife.
3. Put the sweet potatoes into a large bowl and add the oil. Mix well to combine. Sprinkle with salt, and spices of your choice. Use your hands to mix well, so all pieces are coated with oil and spices.
4. Spread the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet; the oil they are coated in should keep them from sticking to the pan. You can always line your pan with tin foil first. If you are trying to cut fat, reduce the oil to 2 Tbsp and use a non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake for 30 min. After 30 min remove the sheet from the oven and turn over all the sweet potato pieces. Return to the oven and bake for another 20-30 min, or until they are browned. Let cool for 5 min before serving.